September 2017 | More deliciously sexy literary sampling from my memoir resumes this fall.
- First and foremost will be my free book event with the support of Il Centro, and multi-talented guest Lara Varesi presenting spoken word on Monday, September 18, 2017, 7 p.m.
- The Writer’s Studio Reading Series Thursday, September 7, 2017, 8–10 p.m. @ Cottage Bistro. Admission by donation.
- Real Vancouver Writers’ Series Thursday, September 21, 2017, 7 – 11:30 p.m. @ the Russian Hall. Admission by donation.
- Absent Mothers (Demeter Press, ed. Frances Greenslade), an anthology in which personal narrative and theoretical framework come together to recognize and begin to understand the impact of motherlessness that ripples through our cultures and our art, will be available September 10th. Launch events TBA.
- I’m proud to be included alongside award-winning chefs and writers in an upcoming anthology intended to support refugee or low-income families with fresh, locally grown produce. Sustenance: Writers from BC and Beyond on the Subject of Food (Anvil Press), edited by BC Poet Laureate Rachel Rose as her Legacy Project, is now available for pre-order. Launch events TBA.
Whew! It’s been a busy! Here’s a little about what I was up to before summer swept me away
- June 3rd at multi-author event Chapters in Nanaimo
- Toronto launch on June 7th at 8 p.m. at the world’s oldest LGBTQ bookstore with co-reader Andrea Zanin
- Association of Italian Canadian Writers’ Books & Biscotti reading series in Montreal June 8th, Ottawa June 11th.
- On Thursday, June 22 at 6:30 p.m., Jane Byers, Fatima Amarshi, and I were at Jim Deva Plaza taking back the words that hurt us in Pride Reading Series Part 1 of 3.
- On Tuesday, June 27th, the Association of Italian Canadian Writers’ Books & Biscotti reading series in Vancouver at Il Centro Italian Cultural Centre, featuring Anna Foschi, Robert Pepper-Smith, and yours truly, plus 3 solo performances from dance artist Carolina Bergonzoni.
1st Tuesdays of the month | Writing Queewritica is on hiatus as I focus on the release and launch of my memoir. I’ll announce here and on Facebook when we resume. I’m grateful for the support of the Pride in Art Society of Vancouver and the Roundhouse Community Centre in this venture. Write libido’s continuum with us at the Roundhouse on the first Tuesday of every month, 7:30-9:30pm.